The pandemic may have broken our hearts this year, but it didn’t break our spirit! We are happy to tell you that the holiday spirit on Oregon’s Adventure Coast lives on. Things may look a little different this year, but there are plenty of reasons to join us to celebrate the season. It is true that for the first time in 34 years, Shore Acres State Park will be dark due to the potential risk to the health and safety of volunteers, visitors, and park staff. In fact, it is just one of many new norms and adjustments we have had to make this year, but just like every dark cloud in an Oregon sky, there IS a silver lining.
Our innovative local holiday elves have found a way for us to be together, while maintaining a safe distance and health protocols as recommended by our public health organizations. From Thanksgiving night to New Year’s Eve 2020, neighborhoods and business districts throughout Coos Bay, North Bend and Charleston will light up for the holidays! You can pick up a map from the Coos Bay and North Bend Visitor Information Centers and delight in the sights of Christmas as you drive around our beautiful communities. If you are staying at one of our lodging properties during this time, bring your receipt to either visitor center to receive a special commemorative ornament!
But that’s not all. Other holiday events for 2020 include:
November 13th-14, 2020: Holiday Open House in downtown Coos Bay (Save your shopping receipts from downtown Coos Bay businesses from November 13th through November 28th to receive a commemorative mug when you spend more than $100! Click here for details.
November 28, 2020: Drive by Santa and Tree Lighting in Downtown Coos Bay
December 4, 2020: Empire District Virtual Tree Lighting and Santa Parade. See Facebook page for more information.
December 4, 2020: City of North Bend Christmas Cruise. Visit www.northbendoregon.us or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. Judging for their inaugural Christmas Spirit Awards will be December 7th!
More to announce! Stay tuned.
For those of you who feel as if it’s not the holiday season without an annual visit to the Shore Acres Holiday Lights Display, we get it! That’s why the Friends of Shore Acres have released a new video created by Allan Ledesma of Epuerto- click here to view it. Think of it as a virtual tour that includes aerial drone views and many of our favorite holiday lights scenes set to ocean sounds and music. We are hopeful that the 34th annual Holiday Lights at Shore Acres will be back in 2021!
While you are here, be sure to check out our locally-owned shops throughout the region for a treasure-trove of holiday gifts that you won’t find anywhere else. Here’s a quick guide to help you with your list.
FOR THE FOOD LOVER
- Sweet Street — You can’t go wrong gifting treats like gourmet candies, flavored popcorn, fresh fudge, caramel apples, and more! In downtown Coos Bay.
- 7 Devils Brewing Co — Grab a six-pack of their popular Coos Bay Northwest-style ales.
- Cranberry Sweets — Local gourmet treats, fruit jelly candies, cookies, chocolates, caramels, toppings and so much more! There are always plenty of free samples available. In Coos Bay.
- Chuck’s Seafood Custom Cannery and Seafood Market — Gift Packs and Samplers are freshly prepared, hand-packed, and processed to keep their natural flavor. No artificial ingredients are ever used. In Charleston.
FOR THE FASHIONISTA
- Painted Zebra Boutique — When we asked our Facebook followers for their recommendations, Painted Zebra was heavily endorsed. Stylish clothing, jewelry, handbags, organic lotions and much more for women and juniors. In downtown North Bend.
- Katrina Kathleen’s Home Decor & Gifts — Home accents, holiday items and ornaments, jewelry, floral, accessories, antiques and more. In downtown Coos Bay.
- Ko-Kwel Gifts — Handcrafted jewelry and bead work, carved wood pieces, glassware and regional photography are among the many creations offered by Coquille Tribal members. Inside The Mill Casino * Hotel & RV Park.
- Checkerberry’s Flowers and Gifts — In addition to beautiful holiday arrangements and centerpieces, look for high-quality fashion pieces and jewelry! In downtown Coos Bay.
- Pony Village Mall — Be sure to check out the multiple new clothing stores in this North Bend mall.
FOR THE OUTDOORSY TYPE
- Englund Marine — With its top-notch outdoor clothing and fishing gear, this is THE place for outdoor enthusiasts.
FOR THE HISTORY BUFF
FOR THE DECORATOR/COLLECTOR
- Organic Glass Art & Gifts — Traditional crafts and contemporary art ranging from pendants and ornaments to pottery and pipes. Find something for everyone and every budget! In downtown Coos Bay.
- Vintage 101 — Antiques and collectibles from multiple vendors. In downtown Coos Bay.
- Artist Loft Gallery — An artist-run gallery featuring local and regional artists. Works include paintings, jewelry, sculpture, and photography. In downtown Coos Bay.
- Leafs Treehouse — A collective of unique and interesting locally-owned small individual stores exhibiting individuality, craftsmanship, and artistry. Throughout the mall, you will find an interesting mix of vintage, repurposed, antiques, eclectic and fun. In downtown Coos Bay.
- Tarnished Threads — Home decor and gifts, such as jewelry, craft items, scented wax melts, decorative warmers, and much more. Housed in Marshfield Bargain House in Coos Bay.
- Tru Furniture — Home decor, furniture, and specialized paints, plus souvenirs, clothing and jewelry. In downtown Coos Bay.
- Kinnee’s Gifts and Shells — Featuring trinkets and other coastal-themed items.
- Davey Jones Locker — Find an eclectic mix of merchandise and local souvenirs.
- Books by the Bay — Friendly, old-style bookstore featuring new and used books with plenty of room to relax, read, listen to author readings and get personal recommendations.
- Coos Bay Visitor Information Center - Find a wide assortment of local books, photography, t-shirts, souvenirs and Myrtlewood items. In downtown Coos Bay.
Need more ideas for gift giving this holiday season? Check out the full list of shops in the Coos Bay, North Bend & Charleston area!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Oregon’s Adventure Coast: Coos Bay, North Bend, Charleston
. We ask that you to follow Oregon’s Safe+Strong guidelines
to keep our community safe and remember that face coverings are required in public spaces
. Please don’t hesitate to contact us
with any questions.